Colombia El Paraiso Anaerobic Red Fruit


Colombia El Paraiso Anaerobic Red Fruit

Monday Roast May 24th
sweet - fruit - butterscotch

Regular price $21.95 Sale

PREORDER NOW: This coffee is a MONDAY ROAST and it will be ROASTED: May 24th
Please order by Sunday, 11:59 pm PST, to be placed on the roast queue to receive that week’s roast.  Monday roasts are only roasted on Mondays. 



 REGION: Cauca    FARM:  El Paraiso 92    FARMER:  Wilton Benitez   VARIETAL: Castillo      ALTITUDE: 1950 M
PROCESS: Double Anaerobic    ROAST: Medium | Light


 Wow - taste like a natural, but it's a washed! Sweet, clean, fruit flavor throughout and butterscotch.



The farm collects mostly (92%) ripe cherries, the other 8% are semi-ripe. They carefully measure the cherries to ensure only those that are greater than 11.2mm are gathered. Next, they use ultraviolet light and ozonated water to sanitize and wash the cherries. Fermentation begins with 48 hours of anaerobic fermentation at a temperature of 18 degree centigrade, in addition to adding lactobacillus to the mix. After pulping, they go into the second phase of fermentation - anaerobic mucilage for 48 hours at 21 degrees centigrade. On to the washing. They’re washed with thermal shock - which allows for the maximum amount of aroma to remain intact. Washing is first done with water at 40 degrees, and then with water at 12 degrees. The cherries proceed to be dried for 34 hours in mechanical equipment designed to replicate the drying pattern. After 15 days of rest, both electronic and hand selection is done to ensure only the top quality cherries remain.