Always on the go? Only want to drink a small cup of coffee? Need a small travel-safe brewer for drip coffee? Want a paperless brewer? Cafflano® Kompact is the perfect brewer for you! No need to worry about paper filters or clunky and fragile coffee brewers. Cafflano® Kompact was designed to be an immersion coffee brewer for hot or cold. Cold coffee? That’s right! You can make cold brew on-the-go! Plus, assembling and clean-up is easy! This brewer requires very little effort and physical strength to extract a good cup of 5 ounce coffee.
Here are the specs for this brewer by Cafflano® Kompact:
Cafflano® Kompact is an advanced press-type (immersion) coffee brewer, which consists of a silicone Bellows Chamber (easy & efficient power transmitting press chamber) with a foldable Press Guide, ultra-fine etched stainless Micro Filter, and Airlock to keep it compact and to enable cold brew on-the-go. It's a simple pressing hot & cold brewer!
[Cafflano® Kompact – Unique Characteristics]
- Compact with Airlock cap
-No scales needed
- Zero-friction of bellows, easy and light press
- Press & Squeeze mode
- Lower pressing point, single-side open, and no leaks
- High melting point : 220°C (Food grade silicone)
- Cold brew on-the-go with Airlock cap
- Irrelevant to cup types, even squeezing on flat dishes is possible
- Perfect cleaning of micro-holes (filter) with bellows’ pumping action
- Visual check of brewing progress
- Etched stainless Micro Filter & commercial paper filter compatible
Now that you read about the Cafflano Kompact, let’s get started!
I would highly recommend using this type of brewer as this is very compact and comes with its own carrying case. Like any immersion brewer, we would suggest a coarse grind (CHECK & TEST) and steep for 3 minutes like the French Press recipe. But for this particular brewer, we found a finer (CHECK & TEST) grind worked better.
Let's get started
What you will need:
- Cafflano® Kompact
- Kettle (stovetop or electric are fine)
- Measuring vessel
- Coffee Mug
Ratio : 13.63 : 1
Time : 3 minutes
Water : 150 ml
Coffee : 11 grams
- Unpack Kompact, expand silicone chamber and tighten all airlock twists.
- Weigh out 11 grams of whole bean Klatch coffee.
- Grind size should be similar to coarse ground kosher salt.
- Add ground coffee to silicone chamber.
- Saturate all coffee grounds with 150 ml of water.
- Screw filter back onto silicone chamber and twist to tighten the brewer. Let sit for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, place opening of cup or carafe on-top of filter and flip device with Pressing Plate “Cafflano” facing up.
- With both hands on either side of Pressing Plate, press down to expel beverage.